A massive thank you to Ms O’Connor and the fifth year art students who have done such a professional job on the designated wall for promoting positive mental health . It is planned to use this wall to update the students with information / helpline numbers and any relevant information on our mental/ physical health.
Below is a list of activities that are planned for our Amber Flag week.
• SPHE: 1st 2nd 3 rd. yrs. teachers have been covering several topics relating to mental and physical health. Emotional /Physical Health /Substance Use/Stress Management/Communication Skills /Friendships/Relationships and sexuality.
• There are lots of posters up around the school….. Keep an eye out for them.
• RSE: 5th Yrs. Healthy Relationships / Boundaries.
• Margaret Sherriff SCP will deliver two sessions on sexual health to the 5th yrs. following on from Relationship/Boundaries module. Tuesday and Thursday.
• Home Economics Dept.: Personal Hygiene/Mood foods/Happy faces Pizza.
• Physical Education Dept.: will run sports for fun for different year groups at lunchtime over the week these will include 1st Yrs. Badminton, 2nd yrs. Volleyball, 3rdyrs (To be decided) 5thyrs (To be decided) Yoga 6thYrs.
• Ms Gordon will run a PUC FADA on Thursday at Lunchtime
• Music Dept.: Highlighting the role of music on our wellbeing.
• Linda Wall Mental Health Ireland will launch Our Amber Flag on Monday 23rd at 11.30 AM.
• Angela Sanini will take a Zumba class on Wednesday 25th. This is for everyone including teacher’s Bring your kit!!
• Ms Stafford has organised: Happy music playing on the TV in the social area.
• Hands of friendship will be displayed on the walls throughout the school.
• Talk from AWARE on Friday afternoon for the 6th yrs.
• Orange wristbands have been ordered. They will have the logo AMBER FLAG. ‘NEVER GIVE UP’. Each student will be asked to contribute €1 for AWARE/Mental Health Ireland.
• Social walk for the parents of 1st Yrs. Tuesday 9-20 AM followed by refreshments the school.
• Adam Nolan Olympic Boxer 2012 from Oulart will be dropping by to talk to our students. Time TBA.