Course Structure: QQI Level 5 Certificate in Agriculture
This is a one year full time course.
Total: 120 credits.
Duration: 29 weeks.
- Beef Production – 30- credits
- Combinable Crop Production – 30 credits
- Dairy Production – 30 credits
- Animal Production Science – 10 credits
- Crop Production Science – 10 credits
- Farm Business – 10 credits
- Boom Sprayer Pesticide Application – 5 credits
- HandHeld Pesticide Application- 5 credits
- Chemical Fertiliser Application – 5 credits
Delivery of course material will combine a good balance of practical hands-on skills coupled with a sound theoretical understanding of agricultural practices and processes. Learners will undertake twelve weeks of hands-on work placement on an approved progressive farm as well as many interactive visits to agri-related businesses and industries.
Entry requirements: Applicants must be 18 years or over, and/or have a Leaving Certificate.
Closing date for applications: Friday, August 28th 2020.