Course Structure: QQI Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Agriculture
This is a one year full time course.
Total: 120 credits.
Duration: 29 weeks.
- Farm Management: 10 credits
- Farm Business Planning: 10 credits
- Work Practice: 15 credits
- Communications: 15 credits
- Farm Performance Management: 5 credits
- Applied Livestock Breeding: 5 credits
- Beef Management: 15 credits
- Sheep Management: 15 credits
- Dairy Management: 15 credits
- Grass Management: 5 credits
- Farm Equipment Fabrication: 10 credits
Delivery of course material will combine a good balance of practical hands-on skills coupled with a sound theoretical understanding of agricultural practices and processes. Learners will undertake twelve weeks of hands-on work placement on an approved progressive farm as well as many interactive visits to agri-related business and industries.