Coláiste an Átha, Kilmuckridge:
Critical Incident Policy
Coláiste an Átha, Kilmuckridge, Co. Wexford aims to protect the well being of its students by providing a safe and nurturing environment at all times.
The college has taken a number of measures to create a coping, supportive and caring ethos in the school. The school has also formulated a number of policies and procedures to be followed with a view to ensuring the physical and psychological safety of both staff and students during the normal course of the school day and in the event of a critical incident.
This policy was ratified by the Board of Management on 13th December 2011
It will be reviewed in 2013 or should the need arise before then.
Such policies would include:
· Health and Safety Policy- Review 2011/2012
· Anti Bullying Policy- Review 2011/2012
· Meitheal Programme
· Code of Behaviour
· Whole School Guidance Policy.
· S.P.H.E Programme
Definition of Critical Incident:
Coláiste an Átha recognises a critical incident to be “an incident or sequence of events that overwhelms the normal coping mechanisms of the school, and disrupts the normal running of the school”. Critical incidents may involve students, staff, the school or the local community.
Examples of a critical incident might be;
- The death of a member of the school community, through sudden death,
accident, suicide or terminal illness
- A serious accident or tragedy in the school community
- Serious damage to the school through fire, flooding vandalism etc.
- The disappearance of a member of the school community
- A physical attack on a staff member or student
- Intrusion into the school.
- This list is not exhaustive
Aim of Plan:
The aim of the Critical Incident Plan is that in the event of such an incident as outlined above, the plan will help staff and management to react quickly and effectively and to maintain control of the situation. The plan will also help the school to return to normality as soon as possible and limit the affects of the incident on staff and students.
CRITICAL INCIDENT TEAM 2011/2012
Principal: Elizabeth Martin
Deputy Principal: Rachel O’Connor
Guidance Counsellor: Jackie Whelan
HSCL: Martina Prendergast 087-6576946
NBSS: Diarmuid O’Hanlon
NEPS: Anna Marie Cullen 053-9156150
Plus Class Tutor:
Class Tutor 1A Ms. T. O’Callaghan
Class Tutor 1B Ms. E. Fitzpatrick
Class Tutor 1C Ms. G. Casey
Class Tutor 2A Mr. P. Doran
Class Tutor 2B Anne Marie McCormack
Class Tutor 3A Mr. J. Redmond
Class Tutor 3B Ms. N. Purcell
Class Tutor 5A A. Wheelock
Class Tutor 5B D. O’Hanlon
Class Tutor 5C Ms. P. Deacon
Class Tutor 6A Mr. R. Furlong
Class Tutor 6B Ms. C. O’Shea
The Principal will act as Team Leader or in his absence the Deputy Principal.
Role of Team Leader:
· The team leader alerts team members to the crisis and convenes a
meeting of the team
· Co-ordinates/delegates tasks of the other team members.
· Liaises with The Board of Management and the Department of Education
· In case of bereavement, liaises with the bereaved family
Other areas of responsibilities, which may be delegated by the team Leader to
other members of the team would include:
Contacting Emergency support services
· Briefing and advising the staff and noting their feelings and concerns.
· Organising the supervision of students in the school
· Keeping staff updated on information/developments /progress
· Meeting students to brief them on the situation
· Taking care of “Vulnerable students/vulnerable teachers”
· Liaising with external agencies for support or referrals
· Liaising with school organisations such as Parents’ Council &
· Meeting with individual parents or groups of parents.
· Visiting bereaved families or families closely associated with the incident
· Preparing a press release and liaising with the media.
· Preparation of an “Incident Room”
All team members will keep written records of phone calls, letters, meeting
The school is conscious of its responsibility to protect the privacy and good name
of people involved in any incident and will be sensitive to the consequences of
any public statements.
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS
|Gardaí||0539242580 – Enniscorthy|